Sunday, March 7, 2010

Wow... this is harder than I thought.

Man. This is hard. I knew I was leaving Deep Creek eventually. I mean they fired me. You have to leave when they do that. As hard as it was to find that out in December when all this happened..it was hard to tell the kids... now the time has come where I'm actually leaving.

Alot has been going on here lately. Friday night i had my going away party! We did it true DB style where we made some resturant really crowded and we were loud and crazy... There was 40 or so of us at Outback steakhouse in winston... i had a blast. It was so nice to know that so many people loved me and wanted to wish me well on my trip! I will try and post a picture soon.

Thursday me and my mom went shopping ALL day and got stuff for my trip. I  got my pink tent! haha. and right now i'm even using my new pink netbook! It's soo cute. So my theme colors for this trip are pink and orange. I even had that on my cake friday night! I know I'm the only person with a theme for a mission trip! haha. It's been good to spend some time with my mom doing different things... Today (saturday) we spend the day cleaning LuLu's dog lot and taking stuff to the dump.

I went and ate with my brother and his wife and my dad and mom tonight. I almost cried when I hugged my brother and Michelle. It's weird to know you are leaving for 6 months. It was good to get to see them before I left. We went to Kanpai and i am stuffed! It was sooooo good!

I think this is the week for tears. It's really happening that I'm leaving for Haiti this week. I'm so scared and excited. Gwyn wrote me a card and made me cry the other night. I couldn't read it at the resturant because I knew i would be a big mess. I've had my moments where like tonight I just drove over to the church and started crying as I was cleaning out my stuff from there. It's so hard to leave these kids. They have become my best friends and buddies. I had to realize that tonight they aren't mine. They never were. God just let me have a small part (at least I hope so) in their lives.... I was there for 3 years. I've watched some of them start school...some start high school. some start at a new middle school....get their license... first boyfriend/girlfriend...and first formal dances.. I've been so lucky to be their youth pastor! They will never know how much they mean to me and totally awesome and thankful I am that they were in my life!

Tomorrow is my last day at Deep Creek. Officially. I'm no longer the youth pastor after tomorrow. I hope to be apart of those kids lives forever. I know they will be praying for me as I am gone and i will be praying for each one of them! After lunch we are headed out for our last outing and going laser tagging. I mean the only thing that could have been more appopriate would be rolling a yard but it would be the middle of the day! haha... So thank you to the youth and children of Deep Creek... I love you guys and I'm going to miss you like CRAZY!!!

Pray for me this week. I have a million things to do. i am going to have to start the to do list and get on it MONDAY MORNING! haha... Thanks for following me on this journey!

Grace & Peace,
db    not too many more nights left in the YKV....

No comments:

Post a Comment