Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sweet Sleep...

I'm not sure what it is about Haiti but I can't sleep very well here. I usually have to drink some Tylenol PM but tonight not even that brings relief... So I am sitting here at my computer.

It rained tonight... Which makes me think of all the people outside in their tents and under their tarps who are sleeping on the ground. I can't even begin to imagine what that is like. We have a nice house and even if I can't go to sleep I at least have the luxary of staying semi dry (when I'm not sweating).

But let me tell you about what I see sitting across the table from me. It is an amazing young man of God. His name is Geftay. He is a Haitian who is staying with us and does a lot of translating work for us. It is 1:30 in the morning here and he is up translating documents for us. The amazing thing is everyone else is in bed and has been for quite some time. Geftay is amazing though. He can always bring a smile to my face....I count on him for a ton (he is the first person I call when our toliet doesn't flush). I wish everyone had the chance to meet this man of God. He definitely has the Spirit of God all over him.

Well... I think in the crazy mess of everyone getting sick a participant has ended up in my bed. So I'm gonna try and find a thermarest and at least go read... I wanna finish The Shack before Tati leaves in the morning. Continue to send up prayers for us. My stomach is literally making all kinds of noises right now and i'm glad that Geftay has his earphones in! Haha...

Grace & Peace,
db sleepless in the Haiti...

No comments:

Post a Comment