Friday, March 26, 2010

Two Week Mark...

Well I've been in Haiti for two weeks today. I'm going to just start blogging from this point on and skip days 4-13... Most interesting thing that happened during that time was Day 4 I got really sick like Heat Exhaustion or something and had to go to a Haitian Hospital which was staff by Cuban Doctors in Residency... No one spoke english until some american/cuban journalist showed up.... I was so grateful... Sketchiest hospital I've ever been in... I passed out twice and got an IV... So now that your up to speed...

Today is Day 14 of being in Haiti. I won't lie. It is hard. We've moved houses and we have airconditioning and our own lil staff quarters. We have a maid...We even have a view of the ocean and a pool but the pool has no water. Haiti is really hard when I try to think of things to tell you I can't. Words can't describe the devastation that has hit this country. We've seen some really sick kids, houses and buildings that fell where you know people's bodies are just under there. But through all that has happened they have hope. Many have came to Christ through the earthquake. But they are scared... Many of the Haitians choose to be homeless and live in these tent cities because of their fear of earthquakes... which I don't blame them. We had a tremor the other day and I freaked out! The house we are in is safe but you would have thought that about the Presidential Palace as well.

Today has been interesting. I started to not feel well yesterday. And this morning around 5 am it hit me. I along with 9 other people so far either have been throwing up or have really bad diarrhea. I have the later. I've used the bathroom more times today then the entire time I've been in Haiti. We can't really find a link such as food or anything because even though we had conch which is a type of shellfish last night for supper - I didn't eat any. I also didn't drink the Banana milk drink. I only had beans and rice and lettuce. So we had to throw out food poisioning. 5 out of 12 leaders are sick and in the air conditioning today being peony. It is so boring being sick here in Haiti. We get bored at home with all our tv and movies and such we don't even have that in Haiti. So I've been on facebook alot today. Anyway... hopefully we will get to feeling better soon...

Grace & Peace,
db sick as all get out in the Haiti.....

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are there, Danielle. Hope you and the rest of the team feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Seth! We are feeling much better now!

    ReplyDelete