Monday, February 22, 2010

Just Hanging Out

I'm just sitting here at my house like I'm not leaving for Haiti in 13 days. I've been somewhat busy today with getting support letters out. I'm hoping I won't have to spend a small fortune in stamps. There is so much I have to get in preperation for this trip. We are gonna do an Angel Tree at church on Sunday so people can help me with some of the supplies so that will be cool. I'm not really nervous anymore but because it has had a few days for it to sink in. I mean I am still nervous when I think about it and start thinking of my to do list. I don't really know what else to blog about so I will let ya know some of those things...

buy a netbook
get supplies ready
clean my room
get estimates on my car from where I hit the deer
a million doctor appointments and get shots
figure out insurance for while I'm in Haiti
clean out my office
spend time with people
see my friends
raise support

I told the Kids the other day at the church and the youth were actually cool. They asked questions about Haiti and then were excited that we would be able to skype. I never cried until I went down and told my lil kids. They were asking now after 6 months you will be back right? and I told them I would come see them and visit. They are so cute and I am telling you I had the cutest lil people EVER at that church. I love them so much! My youth were downstairs helping me with Children's Church where my kids made cards for the Haitian children. They helped find a picture of Haiti and we were able to show them where I will be going. 

It's so hard to leave these kids but I know I'm doing what God has called me to do. This is an incredible journey and I am super excited about it. Say a prayer as tomorrow I head to the doctor to get shots and I'm sure she will ask me why I am going and what I am thinking. I'm not a big fan of shots and things but oh well....

Grace & Peace,
DB 

1 comment:

  1. Danielle,

    If you need help with anything, packing, clearing out the office, etc. let me know. I would love to help.

    ReplyDelete