Sunday, February 21, 2010

Old Friends...

So.... I got my first donation to my trip. A lady on the nominating committee for the Yearly Meeting gave me some cash she had on her today, which wasn't a lot but I am extremely grateful and just feel this whole thing coming into place. I know that God will provide for me and I have to have that faith. I have faith that I will be able to find favor with the different people I need to...finance committee at my church, the bank, verizon and the many other things I will have to do before I go.

I got to see some old friends today and while it was fun to tell them about the trip it was sad to know that I won't see them for another 6 months. One of these ladies...Marsha has been such an encouragement to me during the process of leaving Deep Creek. This lady gets so excited and it really did me good today to see her excitement in her eyes for me. My state denomination's youth department was holding it's True Love Wait's conference and there was over 100 youth there. Alot of those kids I had never met. I pray for the decisions that were made tonight to either wait until marriage or maybe just making a commitment to stay pure from here on out. Pray for these youth as well. They are an amazing young people which ARE our YEARLY MEETING NOW!!!! Our kids need to know that it is ok to wait and not have sex before marriage. I pray that all young people will realize that God loves them and only wants the BEST for them! My good buddy Sarah did a GREAT job on organizing this event and her husband Tim was an AWESOME speaker! 


Tomorrow is gonna be hard. I dread it. I'm gonna be telling my youth and lil kids that I am leaving for Haiti. I love these kids and I know they know it. They've become my buddies and I am going to miss them while I'm gone. So I am excited about our skype dates in the future. I can't wait for them to experience Haiti with me and hopefully they won't forget to 'pay their child support' and let this lil NaDooGoo starve down there in Haiti! 

Grace & Peace,

DB -who is back in the YKV for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment